Planning for the future?
Your family’s security is of the utmost importance when considering what will happen when you are gone.
Sure, it’s not the most enjoyable thing to think about, but making a plan will ensure your wishes are carried out when you can no longer speak for yourself. Your Legacy Legal Care is ready to address all of your unique needs regarding estate planning strategy, and we will help you gain peace of mind. Contact Your Legacy Legal Care if you need a Missouri City estate planning attorney. Our law firm will walk you through the complex estate planning process—one step at a time.
Experienced Estate Planning Lawyers Serving Missouri City, TX
The most valuable estate planning resource available might be your estate planning attorney. Your Legacy Legal Care is a team of experienced, honest lawyers who will find the best plan for your unique estate planning needs.
We know the ins and outs of Texas estate planning law, and we focus on the following estate planning practice areas:
- Asset protection
- Business succession
- Probate law
- Elder law
- Medicaid planning
- Special needs planning
- Long-term care planning
- Children’s Safeguard Program
- Family law
FAQ: Missouri City Estate Planning
What assets should be considered when planning your estate?
- Savings account and checking account balances
- Retirement plans
- Investment accounts
- Stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
- Life insurance benefits
- Cryptocurrency and other digital assets
- Real estate equity
- Business investments
Do estate planning attorneys litigate?
If an estate planning case were to go to trial, an estate planning lawyer could provide legal services and legal representation to the estate or the person who is challenging an aspect of the estate’s handling.
Some common reasons for litigation in a probate case are:
- The deceased had no will, and there are multiple claims for inheritance
- Someone is challenging the validity of the deceased’s will
- There is an issue with the administrator or executor of the estate
What are the four most crucial estate planning documents?
Among the various estate planning documents available out there, here are the four most important ones to focus on:
- A last will and testament makes your wishes known through a signed legal document.
- A trust can protect your assets from creditors and probate.
- A financial power of attorney designates someone you trust to handle your financial affairs when you no longer can.
- A medical power of attorney appoints someone you trust to make medical decisions based on your outlined terms.
Call a Knowledgeable Missouri City Estate Planning Attorney
Everyone loves to plan for the joys of the future, but it is not as enjoyable to prepare for when you are gone. Even so, having an estate plan can bring you and your loved ones some much-needed peace of mind, and an experienced estate planning attorney at Your Legacy Legal Care can help. Our law office is committed to advocating for you and what you want to occur when you pass on. Our attorneys are well-versed in probate law, elder law, asset protection, estate administration, and probate administration. If you need estate planning services, let a local Missouri City attorney at Your Legacy Legal Care guide you through the process with a strategy session. You can give us a call or visit one of our offices in person to book your appointment.
950 Gemini St. #6
Houston Texas 77058
Bay City Office
The Hardy Building 1605 7th St. #101
Bay City, Texas 77414
800 Bering Dr., Suite 220-A
Houston, Texas 77057